Pesta Buku Islam 2013


Had the most wonderful time this morning, as I would at any book sale! Even though the discount were only  mostly 10% pfft, everything was laid out nicely and I get to browse to my heart's content. Although not as many as the last one they had in Putrajaya, choices were aplenty. Plus, mana tak nya, arriving a few minutes before it opened (on its first day), and 'had' to stay there for 5 hours, undisturbed. A miracle, really. Not that many people too, it being a working day. Memang puas hati! Alhamdulillah.

The purchases.

Yay the books I was eyeing for earlier:

Plus these two parenting books:



From the famous authors:
I like his writing because it keeps me in touch with the younger generation, and I really need that
Prof Kamil's way of writing always gets me in the most humbling ways.  Specially enjoyed his Travelog Haji.
Other purchases:
I fell in love with this book.. although I don't think it can be for me anymore :( But perhaps to prepare for my  greatest wish..
About time I  fire up this engine again, what other best way than to follow the ways of the person we love most
Speaking of which, there must be something super special here
Lastly, one of the main purpose of me being here today:
Review : Good to excellent. 
Nice pictures, just enough for story telling. If your child is exposed to some sort of Kisah Nabi, 
he/she will enjoy it, for now he/she can see Firaun coming alive!

Note : Its weird why we have so many books of Kisah Haiwan Teladan Dari Al-Quran compared to Kisah Nabi! They took excerpts of kisah-kisah nabi potong sana-sini because they want to focus the title on the animals  instead. Frustrating.
Still unable to find a nice kisah nabi book with great illustration.

Anyhow the good news is the Book Carnival has just started! Will be on until 3rd March. 
Dewan Cempaka Sari, Presint 3 Putrajaya. 
Ustaz Pahrol Juoi books, Prof Muhaya's books and tudungs, plenty of kitab and sirah books, and many more. Go crazy!


Now to sit down quietly, with eyes open..


Daripada Mu'awiyah (RA): Saya pernah mendengar nabi bersabda: "Sesiapa yang Allah hendakkan kebaikan kepadanya, Allah akan berikan kepadanya kefahaman agama." [Bukhari dan Muslim]

Perjalananku masih jauh..

2 comments:

~albazrah~ 23 February 2013 at 09:08  

Assalamualaikum, Salam ukhuwah. Jazakillahu khair :)

Ummu Thahirah 24 February 2013 at 20:28  

Waalaikumussalam, gembira dan terharunya dapat kunjungan albazrah! Semoga ukhuwah ini berkekalan..

Post a Comment

Blog contents © A Place To Call Home 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.