Her quirkiness #1

A funny update on my two and a half year old Kakak, developing her own personality every day.


Some are not good specifically on the new words she's starting to pick up but I won't dwell on it as she hardly understands what she's mimicking. Don't worry about it, for its our job as parents to let them know the rights and wrongs of their exploration. I read somewhere that 3 year olds do  not know how to lie too, they have not grasp the concept of telling the truth yet. Don't taunt them with "ha tak baik tipu". They don't even know the difference between a truth and an imagination, taunting them might actually introduce them to it.


1. Pants must be full length down to the ankle. She'll pull to make sure its there ending at her ankle and will cry when she sits down and see that it has become shorten. Penat pujuk that it'll be okay again when she gets up. She loves long sleeve shirts too, wanting to wear it even during the day time. when I say "nanti panas lah baju ni" she'd say "kalau panas kakak tutuplah muka dengan tangan. -__-
She refuse to wear most of her clothes except oversize ones, and this ends her skirt wearing era. Unless she wears pants underneath, itu pun after some persistent coaxing. Waa Ummi yang kena marah sebab nak paksa anak pakai. Funny thing is she'd  stare at my clothes (padahal Ummi pakai baju tidur je pun) and say "tak sama colour ngan Ummi" when she refuse to wear her normal fit clothing.

2. Check for halal status of everything. On food packages, even non edible ones. She'll ask loudly at any mall or shop, "yang ni ada halal tak?". We were queueing at Big Apple when she says "ada halal tak" and we try to pretend anak siapalah tu, but its kinda difficult coz I was carrying her. A good reminder for us too, huhu (btw, Big Apple Mid Valley ada halal jakim yay). But I'm now trying to explain her there is such thing as halal tipu and halal jakim, though I am not comfortable with the word 'tipu' because its confusing her.

3. Likes to say, "Kakak nak  buat untuk ummi ni", sometimes it sounds sweet kan, but thing is she already know to use it as an excuse. Once I ask her to clean up her blocks and she'll say, "kakak nak buat rumah untuk ummi nii" (so tak boleh kemas lagi).
Okayla, sometimes untuk Abi too. But when we pretend to fight over it and ask her, "kakak buat rumah untuk ummi ke abi ni?" she'd say nonchalantly "..buat untuk kakak"

4. Every time I clean her in the toilet (she's potty trained), she will always ask, when I am about to lift her from the toilet seat, "Ummi dah basuh tangan?" Everytime! Which I think is pretty funny. And will keep on asking from outside the toilet until I show I'm washing my hands to her.

5. One thing I have noticed about her is whenever I raise my voice scolding her, after she stop doing whatever she's scolded, she'll mimic my words, also with a loud voice. Adoiii. Marah balik sorang-sorang. Making me feel I have no one to blame but myself. So I guess its true, children who always gets shouted will like to shout.

I know this will not last. Children change so fast. Have to treasure every moment of it, and jot it down too, for it'd be the moments you will want to remember forever.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © A Place To Call Home 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.