Children's Nasyid #2

This is another CD loved by our household. Not like we have much choice when it got stuck in our head after a constant repeat, hihi. But I must say it's fun!
I think its really good for introduction to islam as ad-deen. The song best loved by Airin is Bulan Islam where she quickly memorize the months (really kids brains are miraculous!). She love the song of course because of the 'Safar' word at the beginning of it and she always laugh at the mention of her sister's name.
Many of the songs use the common nursery ryhme tunes with a change in the lyrics. For example Happy Birthday song was changed to Barakallah Ya Jamil (another of her fav), and a zoo song which I swear was used in a KFC advertisement once (tapi orang lain tak ingat pun?) And many more catchy and touching tunes, but of course your kids will have her own favourite.

Anyway if you are looking for  nasyid for children I think its a good one! Something even us non-arabic speaking parents can learn from.

Sidenote : I found out that this group Dhuha, consisting of 7 siblings, formed and trained by their parents, are all actually homeschooled! They took all the big exams i.e. PMR, SPM by themselves, attending schools just to sit for the exam. I can picture the work to homeschool one child, but imagine 7?! Really admirable parents kan?

I'm also interested in these. Anybody has and recommend it? Since we need to introduce English as well I thought this can help. I know only one song so far, Upsy Daisy and I think its good. Is it easy for children to follow?

I look I see 1

I look I see 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © A Place To Call Home 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.