Books For Toddler

An update from last post: 

It finally came to my realization today that the kids islamic books we see often nowadays (like the one I mentioned in my last post : 31 kisah nabi, kisah haiwan dalam al-quran), are not really suitable for toddlers 2-and-a-half years old. Maybe its just me, but it's difficult to get toddlers that age to focus on the story when the wordings are like, 'pagi itu angin bertiup lembut'. And the illustrations are 'too  pretty', i.e. not bold enough.

A visit to MPH today with a wish to get the books for Kakak were initially met with disappointment, as I knew straight away upon browsing the kids islamic book section that the books still too early for her. (Sebab nya dah pernah beli satu and its tiring coz I have to shorten and create my own words)

Alhamdulillah among all the books, I finally met one that stands out from the rest. The wording are simple just like the ones you'd see in english toddler books. Not more than a string of 4 words in a sentence, 2 sentence per page. And the best part is, I love the wordings. Very tarbiyatul aulad! ^^


A bit pricey though, at the price of RM 50, but its a set of 6 books.
Already tried it with kakak and she likes it I can tell, I have a feeling I can use it for a long time. I can take a picture of the insides as well if anyone is interested. You'll love the content. You can browse it at MPH bookshops or if you wish to buy it online you can do so here, postage free!

I also bought Kakak her first pencilbox and some stationaries. Crayon, colour pencil, water colour semua dah beli *guilty. Kalau boleh dengan table proper tu pun nak beli (seriously tak sabar!) but will make do with meja jepun ni dulu as its easier really, for me to join her activity.

Activity book couldn't find one with cut and paste activity, and so I'll try to print on my own first.. nanti nak cari yang best-best.

Real happy manage to do 'homeschooling' with her tonight, we even did origami (Ummi bantai je). She keep saying,'Ummi beli untuk kakak sebab Ummi sayang kakak ke. Ummi main dengan kakak sebab Ummi sayang kakak?' Nampak sangat dah lama tak teman dia 'main'.

So easy to make this kid happy!
See our origami?
Not sure yet of the usage of whiteboard at her age, she just loves to draw circles
Membaca dan mewarna bought by 'Ibu', our beloved BS
I also bought a Prof Rozieta Shaari book, the english version of Membina Anak Cemerlang, as the malay version is sold out. Will share it if it's a must-have!


2 comments:

Nurul Huda 6 November 2012 at 05:38  

Alahai.. Cair tgk airin, lama sgt tak tgk, dah besar comel dah ;) Sayu dgr airin ckp tu.. Kids really have the uncanniest knack of hitting the nail on the spot kan? So amazing.. Btw fathin, so sorry couldn't give a review on Prof Rozieta's book! Huda tak sempat belek lagi ni huhu.. Just started to do analysis on my data, and later on insyaAllah will begin on my draft hu hu... Anyway, how's it in english?? I didn't know ada engligh version! Tempted to get it pulak hahaha.. Oh if you actually want the malay version, i really don't mind swapping hehehe.. Btw post la photos Safa :)

Ummu Thahirah 6 November 2012 at 19:38  

Yup mmg dah macam-macam dia cakap nonstop and now in the 'why' stage. Once out of frustration I said 'kakak ni bisinglah' and she replied 'kakak bising kenapa' -.- Wahh dah nak start writing, thats a good progress! Semoga dipermudahkan. Mula2 mmg tough but once you've got the hang of it.. nanti short sem blh fully utilise the time ^^ Huhu mula-mula dissapointed juga buku malay tu dah out of stock, but i've read somewhere yg its actually the adaptation of 'raising happy kids'. Flipping thru the book mmg nampak mcm best.. because text in english kan nampak macam shorter and straighter to the point, hihi. Cuma nya in Malay maybe blh encourage 'oranglain' baca as well la right? Well for now rasa mcm lg laju nak habiskan if its in english, and I recommend it to you as well, hihi. Maybe blh buat hadiah yg malay version tu? ;)

Post a Comment

Blog contents © A Place To Call Home 2010. Blogger Theme by NymFont.